COVID-19 UpdateMarch 19, 2020
COVID – 19 DELIVERY PROCEDURE UPDATE
19TH MARCH 2020
REGIONAL FREIGHT EXPRESS have been actively monitoring and managing risks associated with the outbreak for the safety of our staff, customers and the public as the highest priority.
We are committed to continuing delivery throughout our network and ask all members in our supply chain network to keep a safe distance from people where practicable, and continue to practice good hygiene and good social isolation techniques as required.
In accordance with Government recommendations for social distancing, we have introduced additional safeguards for health and safety reasons and have now implemented measures with our delivery drivers when delivering and collecting consignments throughout our network.
Drivers are required to attempt and maintain, wherever practicable, a minimum safe distance of 1.5m when delivering and collecting parcels
- Drivers will no longer be required to have the customer sign the proof of delivery paperwork
- Drivers will no longer be required to present the electronic mobile device to attain an electronic signature
- They will confirm delivery of the goods by obtaining the responsible person’s name receiving the delivery, also noting the date and time of the delivery.
- The device or paperwork will be signed by our driver using a unique identification number on behalf of the recipient.
- For the security of our customers, the delivery scan event on the mobile device is geo-coded, date and time stamped.
We appreciate this may slow the standard delivery process, however all precautions need to be made to ensure the safety of the drivers and general public alike.
If you require any further information please don’t hesitate to call us anytime on 5441 7588.